In the face of complaints by Nigerians over the alleged escalating degree of insecurity across the nation, the presidency on Sunday, Might 12, listed the achievements of the Muhammadu Buhari authorities in regards to the challenge.
In a prolonged detail, Femi Adesina, listed a few of the achievements in the space of security to incorporate the varied operations that the police and other safety businesses created to resolve issues of kidnappings, armed banditry and related points.
The presidency additionally gave a timeline of all of the efforts made by the security businesses within the battle towards insecurity within the nation.
Read particulars as listed by Femi Adesina:
MAJOR SECURITY MILESTONES IN 2019, BY PRESIDENCY
These are little question occasions of nice safety challenges for our country, and the President Muhammadu Buhari-led authorities shouldn’t be leaving any stone unturned to restore sanity and calm.
For the data, under are a number of the security initiatives taken between January and now, for the security and security of Nigerians:
1. Operation Puff Adder (Nigerian Police), Operation HARBIN KUNAMA 3 (Nigerian Military) and Train Egwu Eke 3 (Nigerian Army) have all been launched in 2019, to enrich the prevailing Operations Sharan Daji (launched in 2016 by the Nigerian Army) and Diran Mikiya (launched 2018 by the Nigerian Air Pressure). All of those operations are targeted on tackling banditry and criminality in the North West of Nigeria.
2. Operation HARBIN KUNAMA 3 was launched on 1 April 2019 to make sure the entire defeat of the bandits fleeing army operations in Zamfara and escaping into Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Niger and Sokoto states.
3. A whole lot of kidnappers and bandits have been arrested or killed since January, several camps/hideouts destroyed; and tons of of hostages rescued. In a two-week operation in February (lasting from February four to Feb 14), 80 hostages have been freed by the Nigerian Military, with 37 bandits killed.
four. Aerial bombardments of bandits’ camps have been intensified in current months. A brand new Air Pressure Base – the 271 Nigerian Air Drive Detachment (271 NAF Det) – was commissioned at Birinin Gwari in Kaduna state in Might 2019, to enrich the 207 Fast Response Group (QRG) established in Gusau, Zamfara State, in 2017.
Between January 2019 and the first week of Might, 2019, a total of 270 suspected kidnappers, 275 suspected armed robbers, have been arrested and 105 assorted weapons plus a big cache of ammunition recovered by the Nigerian police inside the states of the North West and North Central Nigeria.
● April 5- The Nigerian Police launched ‘Operation Puff Adder’, a multi-agency strategy, in collaboration with the Nigerian Armed Forces and the Division of State Providers (DSS), tailor-made in the direction of ridding the Kaduna – Abuja Expressway, Kogi, Katsina, Niger and Zamfara states of all forms of crimes and criminality- kidnapping, armed theft, cattle rustling, amongst others.
● April 9- Police operatives hooked up to ‘Operation Puff Adder’ arrested three notorious criminals concerned in the kidnap of Channels Tv’s employees, Mr Friday Okeregbe- Hanniel Patrick, Abdulwahab Isah and Salisu Mohammed.
● April 10- Officers of the ‘Operation Puff Adder’ killed 9 infamous criminals on the Abuja-Kaduna Expressway. 6 Ak47 Rifles, 1 Pump Motion Gun, 1,206 Rounds of Ak47 Ammunition, 7 Magazines, 28 Cartridges And 158 Expended Shells have been recovered from the criminals.
● April 16- Operatives hooked up to ‘Operation Puff Adder’ arrested one Mallam Salisu Abubakar, 48yrs previous, a local of Dutsinma LGA, Katsina state. The Mallam, is a self-confessed religious father of kidnappers terrorizing Abuja-Kaduna expressway and elements of other North-West/North-Central states.
● Following the arrest of the kidnappers’ ‘spiritual father’, police detectives hooked up to ‘Operation Puff Adder’, arrested 18 infamous kidnappers and armed robbers at totally different occasions and locations throughout the country. A total of twenty- two (22) AK 47 rifles, 5 (5) regionally fabricated pistols and a cache of stay ammunition have been recovered from the bandits.
● Might 5- Operatives from ‘Operation Puff Adder’ rescued unharmed 27 kidnap victims together with 5 Chinese nationals. The Chinese citizens who have been earlier kidnapped on 15th April, 2019 in Bobi, Niger state, have been safely and successfully rescued from a forest in Birnin Gwari, Kaduna state, following painstaking investigative efforts, including both air and ground surveillance.
Two of the kidnappers died from accidents sustained during trade of gun hearth with the police in the middle of the rescue mission. Twenty-two different kidnap victims have been rescued in Zamfara state and other elements of the nation.
● Eight January – The Military flagged off ‘Exercise EGWU EKE III’ in 8 Division Nigerian Military’s space of duty at 1 Battalion, Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi state.
● 2 February- Troops of 8 Division of the Nigerian Army on ‘Exercise EGWU EKE III’, at the side of different security businesses recovered harmful weapons from criminals and political thugs in Sokoto state. This has really contributed immensely to a peaceable safety state of affairs within the state.
● 15 March- Troops of 72 Special Forces Makurdi, deployed at Yelwata, in Guma LGA, which is a border town between Benue and Nasarawa states, whereas on patrol along Yelwata-Kadarko street engaged armed robbers in a gun battle, which resulted in the elimination of one of the armed robbers, while others took to their heels. The suspects have been wearing army desert camouflage and robbing motorists alongside the street.
● 13 April- Troops conducting ‘Operation Sharan Daji’ in Zamfara state killed 23 bandits and arrested 18 suspected informants, cattle rustlers, kidnappers and logistics suppliers to armed criminals within the state.
● 20 April- Troops on Operation ‘HABIN KUNAMA III’, based mostly on credible intelligence about bandits’ movements in Kirsa and Sunke in Anka LGA, Zamfara state, continued with the clearance operation into the hinterland to clear the brigands, arresting 18 informants and recovering arms and motorcycles.
● 22 April- Troops of 72 Special Forces (SF) Battalion Makurdi deployed for inner security operation in Katsina-Ala LGA, Benue state, averted a horrible clash between two Tiv clans-Shitile and Ikyora within the early hours of that day. They exterminated 5 mercenaries, recovered arms and ammunition.
● Might 8- A patrol workforce of 1 Division of the Nigerian Military raided a bandits’ den at Gonan Bature East of Rijana and Kasarami farm home in Chikun LGA, Kaduna state. The abandoned Kasarami farm home was reportedly forcefully occupied by criminals and had been used as a shelter and a place where victims of kidnapping have been stored.
● Might Eight- Troops on Train ‘HARBIN KUNAMA III’ arrested a notorious logistics provider for bandits crouching between Jibia-Batsari axis -one Marwana Abubakar was arrested at Kwashabawa village in Jibia LGA, Katsina state.
● Might Eight- Troops of 311 Artillery Regiment successfully carried out a raid operation on a suspected facility in Kontagora township, Niger state. In the course of the raid, some weapons have been found and recovered.
NIGERIAN AIR FORCE:
● 19 January- The Nigerian Air Pressure deployed a fighter plane, together with help gear, and a detachment of Special Forces (SF) personnel to Sokoto to further increase anti-banditry operations in Northwest Nigeria beneath ‘Operation DIRAN MIKIYA’. The deployment is aimed toward including value to the efforts to cope with the spate of insecurity in some elements of Sokoto state and the border areas between Zamfara and Sokoto states.
● 7 February- The Air Process Pressure (ATF) of ‘Operation DIRAN MIKIYA’ intensified the bombardment of armed bandits’ hideouts in Zamfara state and environs, after several camps being used by the bandits to launch assaults towards harmless civilians have been recognized.
● 21 February- The Nigerian Air Pressure (NAF) offered a cellular Jet A-1 fuelling facility to allow the refuelling of NAF Helicopters that might function out of the 23 Quick Response Wing (23 QRW) Nguroje. This can further enhance security on the Mambilla Plateau.
● 12 March- In continuation of efforts to reinforce safety in Kaduna state and its environs, the Nigerian Air Drive (NAF), working with other security businesses, intensified aerial surveillance over identified hotspots and flashpoints in the state while sustaining its air patrol alongside the Abuja-Kaduna Freeway. A number of the areas coated within the surveillance missions embrace Gonin Gora, Kajuru, Kujama, Kasuwar Maganin and surrounding settlements.
● 31 March- A Nigerian Air Pressure (NAF) Special Forces (SF) Staff working in Zamfara State efficiently repelled attacks by armed bandits who attempted to invade Hayin Mahe and Hayin Kanawa Villages in Gusau local authorities space.
● Eight April- The Air Process Drive (ATF) for ‘Operation DIRAN MIKIYA’ renewed air offensive towards armed bandits in Zamfara state and its environs. The air strikes are aimed toward flushing out the bandits from their hideouts in Sububu, Rugu and Kagara Forests, amongst others, whilst making certain the protection of the lives and properties of residents in Northwest Nigeria.
● 9 April- The Air Process Drive (ATF), ‘Operation DIRAN MIKIYA’ neutralized dozens of armed bandits in Sector 2 Area of Operation in Zamfara State and in addition supported surface forces to maneuver into the attacked areas to mop-up the fleeing survivors and recuperate their weapons. A number of the bandits fled across the border into Niger Republic.
● 13 April- The Air Activity Drive (ATF) for ‘Operation DIRAN MIKIYA’ destroyed some logistics stores belonging to bandits at a location inside Kagara Forest, Zamfara state. A few of the armed bandits who had fled their camps because of NAF’s earlier air strikes had relocated some logistics gadgets, including gasoline, motorcycles and local arms-making gear, to a different location within Kagara Forest.
● 16 April- In response to stories that prime profile armed bandits have been gathering round Rafi and Doka villages of Mada district in Gusau Local Government Area (LGA) of Zamfara state, which is underneath the Space of Duty (AOR) of the 207 Quick Response Group (207 QRG), a Nigerian Air Drive (NAF) Particular Forces (SF) Staff was dispatched to the world to secure the two settlements.
● 22 April- The Air Activity Pressure (ATF) for ‘Operation DIRAN MIKIYA’ neutralized about 10 armed bandits at Sububu Forest space in Zamfara state. This was achieved while the ATF was responding to a request for close air help by floor troops of Sector 7 Area of Duty of Operation SHARAN DAJI, who had come into contact with armed bandits in Shinkafi native government space.
● four Might- NAF commissioned the 271 Nigerian Air Pressure Detachment (271 NAF Det) at Birinin Gwari in Kaduna state.
The Detachment was established to serve as help Base and a blocking drive for troops in Operations DIRAN MIKIYA and SHARAN DAJI.It is the constitutional obligation and duty of presidency to safeguard lives and properties.
The Buhari administration remains committed to this, and regardless of current spikes in the spate of crime and criminality, the evildoers will probably be crushed, and badly, too. The ravening clouds can by no means be victorious. Soon, they shall not possess the sky.