If there’s one thing 2018 has proven us, it’s that the longer term is bezel-less – and it seems to be lovely. However as telephones get nearer to an ideal 100% screen-to-body ratio, system producers are left to marvel what to do with the front-facing digital camera, the earpiece, and the sensors. A standard strategy today has been utilizing a show notch – a display cutout on the highest that makes room for these sensors. However notches often aren’t probably the most aesthetically pleasing answer. The Vivo Nex introduced an alternate, ingenious strategy to the desk: A pop-up space with a front-facing digital camera module and different sensors which might be revealed when wanted and hidden when not wanted.
Since then, we’ve seen different producers hop on this new development. The OPPO Discover X, just like the Vivo Nex, makes use of a motor for its slider, whereas the brand new Xiaomi Mi Combine three has a mechanically retractable slider. Each implementations assist OPPO and Xiaomi respectively obtain jaw-dropping 93.eight% and 93.four% display to physique ratios.
Now, enter the Honor Magic 2 – the successor to the primary Honor Magic and their first smartphone with a pop-up digital camera. Just like the Xiaomi Mi Combine three, it additionally has a mechanically retractable slider, nevertheless it options HiSilicon’s top-of-the-line Kirin 980 chipset and Honor’s newest digital camera know-how. They’ve additionally introduced two new equipment – the Honor Watch Magic smartwatch and the wi-fi Honor FlyPods Professional earbuds.
Honor Magic 2 Specs
900MHz, 1800MHz, 850MHz, 1900MHz, 800MHz, 2GHz, Band 38, Band 39, Band 40, Band 41 (2555-2575 MHz, 2575-2635 MHz), Band 1, Band three, 1.9GHz, I, II, IV, V, VI, VIII, XIX
Probably the most newsworthy function of this telephone is, clearly, its show. The 6.39-inch FHD+ AMOLED show has a 19.5:9 facet ratio with no notch in sight. As an alternative, identical to the Xiaomi Mi Combine three, the cameras are situated underneath the show, requiring you to slip down the display to make them seem. This enables the telephone to have an almost 100% screen-to-body ratio, and it seems to be really lovely. The telephone is claimed to make use of a 5 rail sliding mechanism. Lastly, the sides of the system are curved as nicely to make it straightforward to carry in your palms.
When it comes to safety, the Magic 2 additionally has an in-display fingerprint scanner on all fashions. Honor says their 3D facial recognition on their highest finish mannequin (8GB RAM + 512GB storage) is on par with a structured mild mechanism. They’ve additionally carried out a “voice print” recognition know-how to solely acknowledge the voice of the proprietor of the gadget.
The Honor Magic 2 has a top-of-the-line Kirin 980 processor and will get most of the Huawei Mate 20’s cool options, together with the triple rear-camera setup, 40W (10V/4A) Magic Cost quick charging (85% in 30 minutes), and extra. You additionally get 6 GB RAM/128 GB storage and eight GB RAM/256 GB storage configurations. The system additionally has the newest connectivity chipsets from HiSilicon which boast in
The Magic 2 serves because the successor to the unique Magic. Whereas the Honor Magic wasn’t precisely a gross sales success, it was forward of its time in many elements, bundling AI-based options and different issues which at the moment are used in a number of trendy Huawei and Honor telephones. Whereas something might occur in the next years, we’ll in all probability be seeing extra Huawei and Honor smartphones with slider cameras coming quickly.
The system runs on a software program branded as Magic UI 2.zero (it’s only a rebranding of EMUI 9.zero for now) out of the field, which is predicated on Android 9 Pie. Honor Magic UI 2.zero on the Honor Magic 2 is essentially targeted on the brand new Yoyo Assistant. It’s described to be the “heart and soul” of the UI. Hold in thoughts that the Magic 2 is meant for the Chinese language market, so Yoyo is geared in the direction of Chinese language providers. Right here’s what you’ll want to know:
- Yoyo was teased in the course of the Honor Play launch, however Honor has but to finalize the voice for the brand new Assistant and is looking for enter from their followers.
- Yoyo can acknowledge whenever you’re driving and start speaking with you instantly. It may provide help to store on-line or in shops. It may inform you the costs of objects or the dietary info of meals.
- Honor additionally demonstrated two-way, reside voice name transcriptions. Yoyo can translate between 10 languages.
- Yoyo can present suggestions on enhancing your skincare. Honor claims their suggestions are on par with skilled providers costing tons of and was vetted by Chinese language authorities on the topic.
- Yoyo integrates with the brand new HiVision software program in the digital camera app which may acknowledge merchandise, meals, landmarks, and so on and additionally translate textual content on the display. Honor demonstrated accessing it by tapping on a picture in WeChat with two fingers to activate it instantly.
- DeepThink will permit for associated content material to be provided to you when you slide the telephone whereas studying one thing on the display.
- Yoyo can have routines arrange for it. For instance, you possibly can say “I’m hungry” and have it textual content a good friend in WeChat together with your location.
- Yoyo integrates with the keyboard for sensible enter. It detects what’s on display, corresponding to a pal asking for a film suggestion, and provides options.
- Yoyo integrates with DJI merchandise to allow you to management your drones by way of voice enter. Honor demonstrated this on stage by having the drone take off, take a selfie, and land by way of voice enter on the Magic 2.
- Honor guarantees that each one the knowledge that the Assistant learns from you may be transferred to your subsequent system.
Different Magic UI 2.zero Options
Listed here are a few of the different software program options they introduced:
- Wi-fi desktop projection. You gained’t want a USB-C to HDMI adapter anymore because the gadget can challenge the particular desktop UI to your monitor.
- Quick selfies: Simply slide down your telephone, even when the telephone is unlocked, to leap straight into the front-facing digital camera mode.
Honor Magic 2 Pricing and Availability
The Honor Magic 2 shall be bought in China at a price of RMB 3799 for the 6GB/128GB mannequin, RMB 4299 for the 8GB/128 mannequin, and RMB 4799 for the 8GB/256GB mannequin. Pre-orders begin at present and gross sales start on November sixth on Vmall, Tmall, and JD. There may also be an 8GB/512GB mannequin that prices RMB 5799 and comes with the 3D sensing module, however that might be out there in December.
The telephone will probably be out there in gradient Black, Blue, and Pink. The gradient colours could be seen in the renders under. In every, you’ll discover how the colour is darker on the backside of the rear and is a lighter shade close to the highest.
Go to the Honor Magic 2 boards
Honor Watch Magic
We’ve seen a number of Honor band wearables, however none of them would qualify as a smartwatch. Now, Honor is launching their first smartwatch alongside the Magic 2. Meet the Honor Watch Magic.
It has a 1.2-inch AMOLED display. Honor boasts 1 week of use on a single cost by way of the Sort-C port. It helps steady coronary heart price monitoring for 24 hours. It additionally helps sleep detection by way of their Trusleep 2.zero function and has swim detection. It could actually monitor your strain in real-time and give you breath coaching when exercising. It helps GPS, GLONASS, and Beidou. It has a barometer and compass. It helps NFC. In fact, it additionally syncs together with your telephone to show notifications. It has loads of normal and high-end smartwatch options, although it doesn’t run on the Put on OS platform however quite Huawei/Honor’s personal OS.
The Honor Watch Magic will value RMB 899 for the black mannequin, and RMB 999 for the moonlight silver mannequin. Each shall be obtainable beginning in the present day in China.
Honor FlyPods Professional
Honor goes all out with their bulletins at this time. Not solely are you able to decide up a smartwatch from them in the brand new Honor Watch, however they’re additionally launching their first wi-fi earbud accent. Meet the Honor FlyPods Professional.
The FlyPods Professional help bone carried out voice recognition to raised isolate your voice from the environment when issuing instructions to Yoyo. This improves the accuracy of voice recognition by letting you unlock your telephone for safer voice actions that might usually drive you to unlock your telephone. Honor additionally talked about HWA audio help and a function that lets a lacking earbud pair with one other lacking earbud. Lastly, the FlyPods might be charged by way of wi-fi charging whereas contained in the case.
Honor introduced that there’s additionally a less expensive, normal FlyPods mannequin that prices RMB 799 however doesn’t help bone conduction. It’ll be out there beginning November sixth. The Honor FlyPods Professional prices RMB 999 however is in the mass manufacturing part and is coming quickly.
This text was up to date at 9:27AM EST to right the port info. The Magic 2 doesn’t have a three.5mm headphone jack. The article was additionally up to date to mirror that there are two depth-sensing lens on the entrance, and solely the very best finish mannequin could have a 3D sensing module.
Need extra posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your e mail to be subscribed to our publication.
fbq(‘init’, ‘403489180002579’); // Insert your pixel ID right here.